In more than 4,000 communities across America, women and men ages 21 to 39 are having fun, helping other citizens and learning how to lead through membership in the U.S. Junior Chamber of Commerce. It's an organization of boundless opportunity. The Junior Chamber offers social and professional outlets for today's young Americans.
The Cedar Rapids Jaycees is a dynamic, vital group of young leaders in Eastern Iowa. Cedar Rapids is just one of 5,500 Jaycee chapters serving 250,000 members nationwide. Since 1933, the Cedar Rapids Jaycees has turned out hundreds of civic leaders and helped thousands of people in our community.
Our purpose is two-fold:
1. to promote leadership training and individual development for our members
2. to provide community service to the Cedar Rapids area.
People join the Jaycees for a variety of reasons, here's just a few:
1. The desire for self-improvement. Learning how to accept responsibility, make decisions, become effective speakers, develop management techniques, be better employees and better persons.
2. The desire for community involvement. To have a hand in identifying community ills and then planning and executing action projects to remedy those situations.
3. The desire for fellowship. To meet and associate with progressive young people of the same age bracket with similar interests and objectives. The friendships made are not confined solely to the local community, but extend nationally and internationally as well.
For more information, visit the www.cr-jaycees.com.